Sunday 22 May 2011

Love is like a butterfly......


Happy Sunday morning dear Reader, I hope you are having a super weekend and that, like me, you have a bright sun-shiny day so far.  There are some dark clouds flying around, but I'm hoping they'll just pass on by !

This week the Less is More challenge week 16 theme is Butterflies.  Now I know that not everyone is keen on butterflies but I personally do love them, especially in the wild.  There's something quite magical about having a butterfly land close by and standing quiet and still you can examine it's beautiful colours and patterns.

I also love White on White (WoW) - as my regular readers will already know!!  and I do have this gorgeous embossing folder which features...butterflies.  So, a match made in heaven I think. 

The base card is a deckle edge C6 bright white, which I embossed with the folder in my Cuttlebug.  I added a piece of white lace across the bottom and, as it's a 'thank you' card for the cousins who were kind enough to have us to stay with them for a few days when we recently visited Arizona, I attached an appropriate sentiment.  The tiny butterfly was created with a Nellie Snellen punch & emboss set and there are touches of Stardust Stickles on the bodies of the butterflies and around the sentiment.

I hope you like today's project and that you'll leave me a comment if you have a moment to spare.  I'm now off into the garden to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, and do a little weeding !  Whatever your plans, I hope you have a wonderful day.

15 comments:

Mandi said...

I love WOW too Wynneth
Beautiful card
WWE have a lovely sunny day too albeit a bit windy!
Thank you for entering and your loyalty
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Sarn said...

What a pretty WoW card. Lovely.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Jayne Hayward said...

This is gorgeous love the embossing and the lace.

Jayne xx

Seafield Jo said...

Wow, this is stunning. Jo

Kathyk said...

You really ARE the Queen of WoW!!
FANTASTIC

Kathyk

Rita said...

Wynneth, your card is absolutely stunning. Hugs Rita xx

Beryl K said...

Beautiful card Wynneth
Beryl x

Susan said...

Hi Wynneth! Thought I'd stop by your blog again this week and check out your card...and it's a beauty! Love the embossing...and of course the butterflies!

Debs M said...

gorgeous Wynneth x

Pauline said...

Wow, lovely texture on this very elegant card.

Vicky Hayes said...

I know what you mean about butterflies Wynneth - isn't it amazing when you go to a butterfly farm and they land on you! I love your embossed card - it has so much movement in it. Vx

Zoechaos said...

I can only echo your sentiments WoW and butterflies perfect combination. XOXO Zoe

StampingStace said...

I love this card!
Stacey at 8
X

Lynne said...

Lovely . Love that touch of lace.
Lynne xxx

Maureen said...

Love this folder, it's a beautiful card!!