Monday 26 September 2011

Monochrome Naomi


Another Tuesday means another creation from me using a stamp from Queen Kat Designs - Naomi was designed by Myka Jelina for QKD and newly released for September.

I'm a huge fan of monochrome using watercolour to achieve the effect. However, I do love to experiment and push the boundaries of my tools and materials. To create today's card, I would normally have stamped the image on to watercolour paper using Distress Inks then used a water brush to drag ink from the outline to colour the image.

I also love using Copic and Promarker pens for colouring, so decided to have a go at using Copics to achieve a watercolour effect. What do you think ? Did I pull it off ? I'm quite pleased with the finished result and will use it again I think, maybe trying different colours.

I used a kraft basecard, a scrap of ribbon which I recycled from another card and a piece of patterned corrugated cardboard - I picked up a roll of it for a bargain price at my local art shop and just knew it would come in useful !

Thanks for dropping by today, hope you've enjoyed your visit.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing - you rocked this technique

Happy Tuesday, matey

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

You sure do Wynneth. This is absolutely lovely. Lx

Annie said...

beautiful subtle colouring Wynneth - and yes you pulled it off!
hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

I think you pulled it off magnificently.

BTW new SU book is in my hands - kerching!