Friday 16 August 2013

What's Black and White and Red all over ?

Well, my latest quilt is all of the above !  although it does have grey in it too.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have finished another quilt and thought I'd share pix on here today.  I purchased this really lovely vibrant fabric a while ago and wasn't sure what I was going to make with it.  As the fabric is so nice I decided to cut it into larger squares and stitch them together in a very simple design.

Did it work ?  What do you think ?


Here's a close up shot of the fabrics
 
 
Modelled by my armchair !
 
 
I backed this quilt with warm and cosy red fleece and kept the quilting to a minimum to ensure it is nice and soft with maximum snugglisciousness !

Thanks for visiting today, do call back soon.

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Well, the answer to that question is NORMALLY .... A NEWSPAPER but this is MUCH nicer than a newspaper! Fab piece, love the fabrics

Kathyk

Jayne Hayward said...

Oh wow Wynneth this is fantastic the colour is fab - I so love the doggie material as they remind me of my little Timmy (bless him in doggie heaven).

Jayne x

Karen K said...

Oh Indeed it works - it's beautiful Wynneth and I love the fabric.

K x

Deb said...

oooh, it looks so snuggly, love the westies in the fabric.
Have a great weekend, Debxx

Unknown said...

This quilt is fantastic and I am so lucky to have seen it IRL and it is amazing. What happened to your normal model that holds up your quilts?

Debs M said...

WOW love this - those fabrics are gorgeous! x

Lilian said...

Wynneth, That is really lovely. i could just snuggle up in it. Love the fabric,Hugs
lilian

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh Wynneth it's gorgeous. Love those doggies and the fleece looks so snug. Another sewing triumph. You'll need a wardrobe just for Quilts soon. Sounds like bliss.
Hope you've had a great Summer and all is well with you and your family.
Katie xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Snugglicious is JUST the right word. What a gorgeous quilt! You are SO clever. Love that fabric. Lx