Thursday 8 August 2013

White on White or a Pop of Colour ?

Happy Thursday dear Blogging friends, hope you're having a great day.

I've struggled a bit to get back into my cardmaking since being away for over three weeks, but had to get myself motivated to create my DT cards for this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge.  This week our theme is 'Die-ing to Punch' and our prize sponsor is Whiff of Joy Stamps.


My first idea for this week's card was to create a WoW (white on white) design and as I have a couple of new Memory Box dies to play with, a Christmas card was the order of the day. 

I used a lovely Christmas themed embossing folder to create an embossed background layer - sorry I don't know the manufacturer of this particular folder as there are no markings on it and I don't have the packaging any more.  I used the twig wreath die and the gorgeous candles and holly die (both Memory Box) to create two further elements for layering.  The poinsettias were cut using a set of Marianne's dies.

After finishing the WoW version, I thought I'd try adding just a Pop of colour to the design and cut the twig wreath from silver cardstock for one and black cardstock for the other to create two more cards.  To tie in the colour scheme I diecut the tiny stamens for the poinsettias to match the colour used on the wreath.  Finally adding just a few touches of Stardust Stickles - however it's very difficult to capture the sparkle of Stickles in a photograph, IRL they are sparkling away like mad !

So.....  which version do you prefer ?  I'd love to know what you think.  I do so love WoW and have to say I'm not a fan of black on Christmas cards, however, I think it works in this design.  Silver is always a classic for a festive design, so I like the silver one too. 

Check out the fabulous designs from the rest of the DT over on the CCT blog.  If you decide to enter a card for the challenge, good luck.

Thanks for visiting today, hope you enjoyed seeing today's project.

7 comments:

Kathyk said...

As you know I LOVE WoW too but I also think the card ROCKS with the black too. FAB design matey

Kathyk

Unknown said...

I'm not going to be much help as I think they all look gorgeous. If I had to choose I think I'd probably go with the one with a bit of silver.

Cherry said...

Gorgeous Wynneth - I am always in awe of your wow work. I love all of them. Hugs Cherry x

Sylvia said...

I like the silver on the best. It offers some contrast which is just right for me.

Sylvia
www.smdgreetings.blogspot.ca

Deb said...

I always struggle after a break too but you look like you are back! These are so beautiful!
have a great weekend, Debxx

Lilian said...

WOW lovely cards Wynneth. Hugs
lilian

Karen K said...

Gorgeous, difficult to pick a favourite, they are all super in their own right.... probably silver and white.

K x