Monday 26 August 2013

Wishi... Washi..... Birdsong

Happy Bank Holiday Monday to all you Bloggers in the UK, hope you're having a great day - the sun is shining here in my bit of Cornwall and I hope it stays long enough for us to have a BBQ later this afternoon.

The card I'm sharing with you today is my entry for this week's Simply Less is More Challenge which asks us to use Washi Tape on our designs.  I do have quite a few rolls of Washi but decided to go monochrome and use the fabby 'birds on a wire' and music notes tapes.

 

I created a 'sun' by spraying a short burst of Lemon Zest Dylusions Ink, holding the nozzle very close to the basecard.   I then stamped the birds in flight from a set of stamps by Visible Image over the top of the 'sun' before adding the two strips of Washi at the bottom.

That's it, simple but effective I think. 

Thanks for taking the time to visit today, hope you enjoyed today's project.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super idea matey - love your "sunburst" too

How was the BBQ?

Kathyk

Lilian said...

Llove the card Wynneth. The sun is very striking. Hugs
lilian

Chrissie said...

This is fab Wynneth and your sun is simply superb!, I love the silhouetted birds here.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

Fabulous card... Love how you used the washi. Thanks for joining us
Jen x
"Less Is More"