Friday 3 June 2016

A Switch in Style for a Change

I do enjoy getting inky and painty, but sometimes I feel more like creating something pretty.  Today's project is the card which I made for my pal Linda who celebrated her Birthday recently. 


Linda is also my local SU! demonstrator so I decided to honour our friendship by using mostly SU! products to create her card.

I stamped up lots of flowers in different sizes and colours using the Polka Dot Pieces stamp set and  SU! scalloped edge punches in 1 1/4" and 1 3/4" to match the flower stamps.

SU! ink colours used were : Baja Breeze, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding and Pear Pizzaz.

After stamping and punching out all the flowers I layered them up to create the appearance of a bouquet on the front of the 6 x 6 scalloped edge base card.  For the sentiment I used the Rubbernecker Freehand Phrase #900 stamp set, the drawn circle stamped with Island Indio ink and the sentiment stamped with Stawberry Slush ink.  This was then cut out using a nestie circle die as I don't have the right size of SU! punch - at the moment !

I hope you enjoyed today's project, thanks for dropping by here today.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

That is a switch in style .. but beautifully done matey!

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Absolutely gorgeous! It looks like lace. Really love that Wynneth and I know your lovely pal will too. Lx

Debs M said...

beautifully done x