Tuesday 7 June 2016

My Brain

In my last post I shared one of the journal pages I completed recently, today I'm sharing the facing page, which I also created soon after I started the small Moleskin journal.



For this page I again used Dylusions Paints, applied over a page 'primed' by a think coat of white gesso.  The colours were applied using an old credit card to give a more 'scrappy' and interesting layer. 

I then used a Paper Artsy stamp set JOFY38 for the bubble flowers and grasses image from the PA ELB25 stamp set.  Images tamped onto the page using Stazon Black ink and then painted over with Dylusions paints.

Once the paint was dry, I added highlights with a white Signo Pen and re-drew the squiggles on the flowers (something like the stamp image !) as the paint had obscured the stamped image in parts.  Using the Pitt Pen I added lots of bubbles and highlights on the grasses using the Signo pen. 

I sealed the page with a light spray of Spray and Shine before adding the words which were stamped from the Dylusions Ugh! People stamp set.  I cut out the words I wanted from different stamps and attached with gel medium.

This is often how my brain feels ha ha !  anyone else identify with this or am I on my own !

Have a great day.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

This is such a fun layout, loving the new JOFY and wording too mate

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

I know how it feels :oD Great layout. I love those JoFY flower spikes. Lx

Debs M said...

I have a journal page from last year that has the same sentiment!! I totally get it!

Sarn said...

Cor, I am LOVING this Moleskine journal page. Might have to get my mini journal out tonight now! xxx