Monday 13 June 2016

Mache Book Box

Today's project is another of the 'shoe box' projects brought along by one of my crafting pals when we met up in Grimsby earlier this year.  Debbie provided each of us with a set of two mache book boxes to alter as we wished. 

Here's the front of my finished book

 the inside


the back


I used the smaller book first and started off covering it with a layer of white gesso.  I then applied Paper Artsy Fresco chalk paints over then rubbed a little Silver Treasure Gold paste over the top.  The image on the front is from a set by Crafty Individuals added using gel medium, with more medium over the top to seal and secure the image.  I applied a thin coat of Stardust Stickles all over, except on the image.

I added Platinum Stickles around the edge of image then attached a scrap of lace down the left side and attached a metal key found in my stash.  I made a closure using two pieces of lace and a couple of large gems, attached to front and back of the box.

On the back I used some Crafty Individuals stamps and Stazon Black ink before applying the metal scissors embellie.

Inside I used another of the CI images and a small wooden clock charm, which I covered with the Treasure Gold.  More scraps of lace, Stickles and lots of gems.

It was a fun project to complete - thank you Debbie.

I still have the larger book box which is still a WiP, I'll share once I've completed it.

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Wynneth, it looks awesome

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Lx

Debs M said...

It's stunning Wynneth x

catherine said...

You have done a beautiful project Wynneth with the books.happy anniversary to you both also
X catherine

lilian said...

Wynneth love is so lovely well done

Lilian