Monday 21 June 2010

Inspired Anna Sapheer

As this week is Inspiration week for the Queen Kat Design DT, we have all be working with this fabulous picture to inspire our projects. What aspect of it caught your eye first? I'd love to know, just leave me a comment and let me know what it inspires you to create. 

On first view, I immediately thought 'spotlight' technique - highlighting just a part of a monochromatic image in colour for maximum impact. I think the dark red is stunning against the shades of grey and so, quite simply, selected these two colours for my project.
The fantastic Anna Sapheer was newly released this month and I thought she was perfect for my project for the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog as part of today's blog hop.

I coloured Anna with ProMarkers, using 'artistic licence' and giving her grey skin rather than introducing another colour to the card. Doesn't her red hair look stunning against her grey skin? I layered the stamped image over a piece of cardstock which I coloured with a ProMarker to exactly match the colours in the image.

The background paper is from my stash, as are the small white roses. I created the heart embellishment, from a piece of mountboard, in my meltpot, using pearl UTEE and a tiny amount of platinum UTEE. I was very pleased with the finished marbled effect!

I hope you've enjoyed viewing my card today, thank you for visiting.
hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Michele said...

i love the grey and red, really stunning. fabulous mermaid!

Kathyk said...

You are not wrong - this IS a stunning card Wynneth - which red PM did you use on her?

Kathyk