Monday 6 September 2010

Just Cute Bears goes Dotty


Well I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it's raining 'cats and dogs' in Cornwall today.  So flippin' cold and dark it's like the middle of winter - brrrrrr.......!  I'm just glad that I'm not camping in this weather.

Today's card includes this sweet little chap from Cuddly Buddly, he's so cute and cosy curled up in his tea cup, don't think the rain is bothering him at all! 

This week's challenge on Just Cute Bears is 'Going Dotty' so I've paired up my cute bear with some lovely dotty papers from a pack by K & Company.  Even the image has a dotty border around the edge.

I coloured the image with a mixture of Copics and Promarkers and added some Liquid Pearls in the centre of the flowers and touches of clear Spica Glitter pen to the butterflies' bodies.  There's a little Glossy Accents on Teddy's nose and the butterflies' wings to add a bit of dimension.  The teapot and teacup were from the same set of stamps as the main image and I popped them up on some Pinflair Glue after rounding them a little with my bone folder.  The dotty ribbon was in my stash and I used the Fiskars Threading Water border punch on a strip of cream card as there are dots in the punched design.  Finally, I added some faux stitching by using a pricking tool all round the edges and then drawing lines between each hole with a brown pearly Sakura pen.

I'm entering my card for the Just Cute Bears Challenge this week - wish me luck!

hugs
wynneth
x

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Such a cute card Wynneth - sounds like you have the rain first though I'm told its heading our way later too!!

Stay Dry!!! (if you can!)

Kathyk

Lia said...

beautiful card wynneth I love both of the stamps
hugs Lia

Annie said...

adorable teddy card Wynneth and such pretty papers and colours - and better for real too! thanks for the cuppa and chat this afternoon and for letting me play!
hugs, annie x

Marion said...

Love the teddy in a teacup Wynneth. Fabulous card and pretty spotty paper.
Marion

Sandra said...

Beautiful card again this week...love the CB image you have used and a great take on our dottie challenge this week...thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears...

Take care
San x

Bits of Ivory said...

I just stumbled across this blog entry and love the card you made with the Cute CuddlyBuddly teddy bear! Very best wishes for the challenge. :)

Barbara

Junie said...

What a gorgeous image !! I look at Cuddly Buddly but have never purchased !!! Adore your card !!

Janie Printz said...

Hi Wynneth, just found your cute blog & am loving your cards. This little bear is so darn sweet !!! What an adorable card you've madewith that image ...
Hugs, Janie

Helen said...

This is adorable!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x