Friday 17 September 2010

Neko Chan


This 'cute as a button' kitty is one of the fabulous new designs by Che Gilson for Queen Kat Designs.  I just adore Che's artwork and Neko Chan has got to be one of my favourites so far, she is just too sweet!

I based my card on the sketch for last week on the Craft Mad and Loving It group challenge on Craftbubble.  As I'm away from home at the moment, I had only the few colours of Promarkers that my Dad has in his stash to use.  It is amazing how you can manage with very few colours in an emergency!  At least I now know that I can use Spice brown to add a darker shadow to areas coloured in red!

I snaffled some pieces of oriental themed papers and corregated card from Dad's stash too, plus a short length of gold ribbon and some gold shaped sequins.  Finally I added a little Glossy Accents to her shoes, comb, hair accessories and bag to give them added dimension and cut the image out with a scalloped oval nestabilities die.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today, I hope you've enjoyed sharing today's project as much as I enjoyed creating it.

hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful caard wynneth, great coloring
hugs Lia

Annie said...

fabulous oriental creation Wynneth! I'm only just getting around to catching up with you - it's been one of those weeks! busy at KB demo this morning but didn't spend a fortune. Hope to catch up with you soon.
hugs, annie x

Junie said...

This stamp is just STUNNING !!! I love the oriental kitty WOW !!! I love that you take stuff from your Dad's stash LOL !!!fab hoping all well

WeirdCat said...

This is so cute
Ruth x

Unknown said...

O wow, this is stunning, loove your colouring and you said you had just a few promarkers .. wow !!!

Beebeebabs said...

Sooooo cute tfs!!!