Friday 8 July 2011

Just Tagging Along.....

No card today, I've got a tag to share with you instead. 

I started my tag during the fabby crafting weekend with my pals recently.  I had taken with me a pack of mountboard tags I'd bought at the Art Shop in Kelly Bray recently and thought it would be fun for each of us to start with a blank tag and compare how they all turned out. 

That was a good plan, but I took a little too long with another project so didn't actually finish it during the weekend !  Since getting home I have finished it off, so it will be the first time my crafting pals Kathy and Lauren have seen the finished article.  Hope they like it !

I added Distress Inks over the whole base tag, then used a few stamps from my recently acquired set of stamps by Nit Wit.  I love the homespun style of these images and can see that I'll use them a lot.  I doodled around the edge with an orange Spica Glitter Pen and finished off the edges with my Krylon gold pen.

I coloured the images with Copics and added lots of Glossy Accents and Stickles.  The larger butterfly was stamped on cardstock, coloured with Copics, cut out and attached to the tag with some Pinflair Glue under the wings to give them dimension.  The pretty ribbon/thread was in my stash and I thought the colours in it were ideal to match the colours I'd used on the design.

Normally on a saturday I have a Less is More submission to share with you, today I am off to spend the day at a local crop run by my lovely pal Linda, who is also a Stamping Up! demonstrator and has some new SU! goodies for me to collect.  So, my LIM project will have to be delayed until later in the day.  I haven't even had chance to check out what this week's theme is yet, so that will be something to look forward to when I get home later.  

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, this is LURVELY. I didn't see it finished and it's completely fabulous (of course). Lovely colours Wynneth.

Lx

Kathyk said...

And didn't it turn out super well then Wynneth?! Love it.

Have fun at your crop - catch you at LIM later

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Annie said...

wow Wynneth, I'm loving' your tag! the warm colours are pefect for the homespun style and those stamps are just so cute! enjoy the crop and say Hi! to Linda.
hugs, annie x