Wednesday 22 February 2012

Birthday Bear on a Bicycle



I needed to get a card made urgently for a male member of my family and with my limited access to stash and tools, I thought I'd go down the CAS route. 

Recently I took delivery of some lovely Stampin' Up! goodies and this cute bear on a bicycle Happy Birthday image was in one of the stamp sets I got this time.

I stamped the image in blue ink then borrowed my pal's matching label punch to cut it out (I've got this punch on my Wish List, so hope to get it in a later order).  The small dots under the main image were cut with my SU! 1/2" circle punch from a scrap of navy blue cardstock.  The ribbon has been lurking in the bottom of my ribbon bag for ages, so I thought it was about time it saw the light of day !  I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the bear's party hat (well I think you all know how much I love my GA !!) but it isn't showing up on the pic.   I hope the Birthday Boy likes his card.

As my design has punched elements on it, I'm going to submit it as a second entry to this week's Less is More challenge.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my latest project and I'd like to extend a warm welcome to my two new Followers, I hope you'll pop back from time to time to see what I'm getting up to on my table of craftiness.

8 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super card, gr8 image and well done on using your new stash so effectively too

Happy Wednesday

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hmmmm, you're getting so good at working with limited stash that I think you should donate all the spare stuff to a worthy cause (name and address supplied :oD) Oh come on, you can't blame a girl for trying can you - snigger. Fabulous card, as always Wynneth. I'm sure it will be very well received. Lx

Chrissie said...

What a cutie Wynneth!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jo Street said...

Cute card, I love the image.
Jo x

GinaA said...

Great image, and the ribbon is awesome.

Debs M said...

great card, fab stamp x

Susan said...

Super cute card...and I love that little bear image! The ribbon you added to the back is gorgeous!

Lilian said...

Lovely card Wynneth. I am sure you male family member will love it. Hugs lilian