Tuesday 10 April 2012

Emperor Swan



Welcome to Wednesday, hope you're having a great day everyone.  I'd like to say a huge welcome to my new Followers, thanks so much for joining and I hope you'll drop by again from time to time to see what I've been up to in my crafty space !

This week over on the I Love Promarkers Challenge Blog we have a White on White theme for Challenge #112 and our prize sponsor this week is Di's Digis.

I really love WoW it's great for any occasion even Christmas.  For my DT card I decided to use my Promarkers in a different way than colouring in stamped images.  I've used one of the new colours from the limited edition Spring Collection, this one is 'Fresh Meadow' and I just love the colour.  I cut an oval the same size as the centre diecut image, using a nestie, then coloured it all over with the PM.  I really like the slightly mottled effect it created so didn't add more layers to even out the colour this time.  The coloured oval is a great contrast and shows up the intricate design of the white diecut image, giving it a sort of 'Wedgewood' effect.

This is the first time I've used the new dies by Cheery Lynn Designs which I bought a few weeks ago, I've used 'Emperor Swan' and 'Victorian Romance Flourish in the design.  The edges at the sides were cut using an EK Success border punch and the embossed background behind the image was created using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The gems have been in my stash for some time, I find clear gems are always useful to have in stock as they can be coloured with PM's to match a project. 

I'm still staying with my Dad at the moment to help him during his recovery from the recent hospital stay and surgery, should be home in a few more days now that he is getting his strength back, thank goodness.   

Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you enjoyed today's project.

5 comments:

Donna said...

wow this is gorgeous! so elegant. Donna x

Unknown said...

Stunning card Wynneth - more dies?

So glad to hear that your dad is recovering well - long may it continue - hugs to both of you X

Marina said...

Looks spectacular!

Sarina said...

Beautiful, so delicate!!
X,
Sarina

Lilian said...

Love the card Wynneth, I really hope you Dad is better Soon. Hugs
lilian