Tuesday 21 August 2012

More Quilting?..... only joking !

No actual stitching was done on today's project, I just used yummy digi papers from NitWit Designs to create the faux patchwork quilt design.  The buttons, lace edged heart and fabric flowers are also from the same set of papers and embellishments. 

It's a large 8x8 scalloped base card and I added faux stitching around the edge of the background paper.  I cut out the small squares from different paper designs and attached the buttons on each one using Pinflair glue to give them dimension.  Tying a small piece of twine through the faux button on top of the fabric effect flowers makes it look more like a real button. 

The scalloped border was attached over a scrap of lace I found in my stash, I think mixing real fabric with the fabric effect papers and elements pulls everything together nicely.  I created the sentiment on my computer and added it over a tiny scalloped circle cut from brown cardstock using a nestie. 

Hope you like today's design, thanks for looking.

BTW for all my lovely friends who have enquired how my Dad is doing, the good news is that following his Angiogram he was prescribed more medication and we were able to bring him home from hospital last night.  He had a reasonably good night in his own bed and seems much improved today, I'm happy to say. Thanks everyone for all your good wishes. 

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

HURRAH about the news of your dad - gr8 to hear he's doing OK and thanks for the update. I assume that TTWD is doing an excellent job as assistant nurse?!

FAB project from you too

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Fantastic news about your dad.

Beautiful card and great use of the paper collection.

Take care of yourself tooX

Lorraine said...

Glad to hear your Dad's home Wynneth.

Those are great papers.