Wednesday 20 March 2013

Gorgeous Hand Carved Stamp

A lovely crafting pal Clare gave me a fabulous gift for my recent birthday - a stamp she had carved herself, how fabulous is that !  She also created a gorgeous card for me using the stamp and I decided I wanted to honour her gift by using it on the Thank You card I made for her.

 
It is such a special gift to have a stamp hand made especially for you and which no-one else will have, thank you so much Clare, I know I will be using this so much in the future.
 
For my card I opted to use one of my favourite techniques, Distress Inks direct-to-paper and I know that Clare loves bright pink, so used Picked Raspberry DI for the design.
 
This time, rather than pressing the ink pad direct to the base card, I dragged the ink pad along a piece of cardstock, which gave me a great effect.  I then selected a section of the inked card and cropped it to use as a layer.  I inked up the lovely stamp with black Archival Ink and stamped over the DI panel, then dragged the DI around the edge to give just a very subtle coloured edge.  Finally I stamped a sentiment from a set of SU! stamps.
 
Hopefully Clare will have received my card by now, so I'm not spoiling the surprise for her, I hope she liked what I did with her stamp.  She has also been struck down by what sounds like the same virus that hit me - well we were together in Hereford for our Craftathon crafting session and both of us (and a couple of other attendees) became ill straight after.  I'm guessing we all picked up this nasty virus at some time during the weekend.  So my TY card is also sent as a bit of a 'Get Well Soon' greeting too.
 
Thanks for dropping by today, hope you enjoyed your visit.

5 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

thanks for the lovely card wynneth. yes,it arrived and yes you are right i DO love bright pink! glad you liked the stamp. feeling better thanks and hope you are too. x

Sarn said...

Came over to visit you from Kathy K's blog.

What a lovely thoughtful gift you received from your friend. I'd certainly say you did it justice!

xxx

Kathyk said...

FAB card and super stamp. I have to say how much I loved your technique ... so much so that I shamelessly nicked your idea!!!! Cheers matey

Kathyk

Debs M said...

great stamp and lovely card - that pink is fabulous! x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! This looks AWESOME*****