Tuesday 3 December 2013

A Winter Scene

Today has been a busy one for me, hence the lateness in posting my project today, apologies.

This project started out as an idea for a card but that's not how it finished up, as you can see !


I used a Dee's Distinctively die to cut out the pretty snow covered cottage, cutting the main house and chimney from SU! Crumbcake cardstock and the roof, door, window frames and top of the chimney from scraps of white card. 

The trees were cut using a Marianne's die and I used a piece of magazine freebie paper for a background as it was pale blue (and sky-like) at the top with a strip of pattern towards the bottom. 

It was at this point that I decided to turn my design into a framed scene so created a frame from a piece of heavier weight card which I covered with a sheet of paper from a Marianne's pack. 

To embellish the frame I used more Marianne's dies to cut out a pine branch, pine cones and twiggy branch.  I dabbed SU! Whisper White ink onto the pine cones whilst they were still in the dies, to add a snowy effect. 

The little fence on the right was also cut using a Marianne's die, as were the holly fronds.  The larger holly leaves and berries were stamped using a Reflections stamp onto kraft coloured cardstock then coloured using ProMarkers before fussy cutting out.  I added Glossy Accents to the berries to give them dimension.

I added Stardust and Frosted Lace Stickles on trees, leaves, pinecones, fence, roof of house etc to add to the snowy scene effect.

Finally I stamped the Clarity 'Happy Christmas' sentiment onto a scrap of Crumbcake cardstock using Raspberry Ripple ink, then cut it out freehand into a pleasing shape before attaching to the frame.  I've had a few chipboard easels in my stash for a while and decided to attach my Winter Scene to one of them.  It's now sitting on my mantelpiece alongside the Twelve Days of Christmas House and Advent Calendar I made recently  I'm sure it'll come out each Christmas for the next few years as one of the decorations. 

Thanks for dropping by, hope you've enjoyed today's project.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing make missus

Good talking with you this afternoon

Kathyk

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I was lucky enough to see it in real life this evening too. Thanks for a great evening of crafting fun and the delicious Christmas cakes.

Annie said...

Gorgeous! I love the die cuts and the frosting.
hugs, annie x