Tuesday 4 February 2014

Cute Snowman or Stan Laurel ?


As I'm sitting writing this post, the rain is lashing down (just for a change) and it's blowing a gale outside.  I'm so sick of the rain I tell you, can't wait for some nice Spring weather.

With it being so cold and wintry outdoors I thought I'd share another Christmas card with you.  I made this one whilst with my pals at our regular weekly crafting get together.  We all used the same stamp set but each of our cards turned out really differently.

This is one more to add to my stock for this year, I am slowly building up my stock but not meeting my personal goal of making at least two cards each week.


 
The stamp set we used is one of my favourite by Inkadinkado, so many great stamps in the set, it was hard to chose which one to work with.  I love this happy Snowman - I do think he looks like Stan Laurel from Laurel and Hardy though, what do you think ?  Do you agree or am I totally bonkers ?  This could be another fine mess I've got you into ! Ha Ha !

The stamps are clear acrylic and I do find that very detailed images on acrylic are best stamped using Archival ink.  I stamped him onto white card, added a little clear Wink of Stella to parts of the image - which adds a subtle twinkly sheen - pretty IRL but difficult to capture in a pic.

After cutting the image out I mounted it on a scrap of SU! Baja Breeze cardstock and used a small strip of the same cardstock to layer over the pretty blue checked paper strip across the middle. 

I confess that I added the sentiment once I was back at home, I thought it needed a little something more to complete the design.  The sentiment is from a set by Little Claire's and I stamped it using SU! Baja Breeze ink, punched it out with a circle punch and added a little of the Wink of Stella pen on bits of the image.  I then attached it to the card with Pin Flair glue to give it dimension.

I do so hope that you are experiencing better weather than we are here in the South West of the UK and to all those in flood warning areas, I hope you manage to stay safe through these storms.  Tomorrow I'm due to travel to Mullion for a workshop at Scrapbook Magic, the weather forecast isn't good so we could be in for an uncomfortable journey.  My pal Linda is driving so I'll be able to save my energy for the workshop.  Wish us Luck !

Thank you so much for visiting to check out my latest project, hope you enjoyed your visit and do drop by again any time, it's great to 'see' you - I do check my blog's background statistics and I know that I receive lots of visitors, thank you all.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

And doesn't he look great Wynneth.

I'm ashamed to say that February's starting no better than January for my Christmas cards but I WILL NOT FALL BEHIND IN 2014!!!

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Rain, rain go away - at least your blog has lots of cheery items to look.

I think we'll have to brace ourselves against the weather again tomorrow!

Debs M said...

great card - I see what you mean about Stan Laurel! Well done on getting some crimble cards done even if you wanted to do more :)
Have a great time at the workshop, hope the weather isn't too bad x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

A weekly crafty get together, oh I need to move to Cornwall! Laurel & Hardy, can't picture the faces but know the names. None the less, that is one cute snowman. Xmas makes already, I am impressed.
Hope the rain stops soon.

KATIE XX