Tuesday 25 March 2014

Three Little Pigs

I have a real fun card to share with you today, how can you help but smile when you see these cute little piggies ?


I'm afraid I don't know the manufacturer of the stamp as I found this image in my box of stamped images waiting to be coloured and used in a project.  I wondered if it might be a Penny Black stamp, but so far I haven't been able to track it down.  If anyone recognises the image, please let me know the manufacturer and name of stamp an I'll update this post.

I coloured the three little piggies using my Promarkers, then layered the image on dark blue card.  I created the background layer using Distress Inks applied using a stencil brush through a Memory Box stencil.  This technique gave me a lovely subtle effect, perfect for a background layer.

The fabby Happy Birthday bunting was stamped from the 'Streamers' set of stamps by Shaggy Dog Tails, which my lovely pal Jacqueline gave me as a birthday gift recently.  I coloured the letters with Promarkers then added Stardust Stickles to make it a bit 'blingy'.  I added Gold Stickles on the bobble hat and Glossy Accents on all of the hats to give them dimension.

As the coloured image is quite 'busy' and I made the card for my youngest grandson who was 10 years old recently, I decided to keep all the other elements and layers very clean and simple.

My grandson was delighted with his card as it make him laugh and he particularly liked the piggy in the middle !
 
Thanks for dropping by to see today's project, I do hope you enjoyed your visit.

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a fantastic card Wynneth. You couldn't help but smile at those cute piggies could you :oD No wonder your grandson was chuffed to bits with his card.

Lx

Unknown said...

I think it's adorable - I love pigs too and these are really fun looking ones.

Debs M said...

great card - hmm not sure whose make it is though! x

debby4000 said...

What a lovely cute image and such a fabulous card too.
luv
Debby

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Oh I bet he did, everyone loves the piggy in the middle. :)
A great card. Afraid I have no clue as to the manufacturer either.
I just saw on Kathy's Blog that your Dad has not been well. I do hope he is recovering and getting the best care. Poor thing, sending lots of love and get well wishes.
Katie xx

Kathyk said...

FABBYLICIOUS card, love those piggies - how did I not see this card earlier?

Have a gr8 weekend

Kathyk