Friday 28 August 2015

Joseph's Coat Technique

Hi there friends, today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made using a technique I learned about recently thanks to my pal Kathy aka The Purple Princess who gave me a link to the following YouTube video tutorial on the  Joseph's Coat Technique

This was my first attempt at the technique

 
 
I used the Fern stamp by JustRite and Distress Inks in Fossilised Amber, Abandoned Coral, Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon to create the design. 
 
This week's challenge over on the Simply Less is More Blog has a sketch to follow.  My JCT panel was perfect to make a couple of cards to enter into the challenge.
 
 
For the first one I added some stripes of each of the DI colours I'd used on the JCT panel and added half of the panel.


On this second one I changed the layout of the sketch slightly and moved the location of the sentiment from bottom right to top left with the rest of the JCT panel in bottom right.

 
 
It's a fun technique, why not give it a try yourself.
 
Thanks for taking the time to check on my latest project.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Morning mate, two fab cards using the JCT - I hope you will be entering one of them over at Simply Less Is More as I think they fit the sketch ... check it out

Kathyk

Debs M said...

ooh looking fabulous Wynneth x

Chrissie said...

These are both fabulous Wynneth, I love that leaf design...and it looks great against the white!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Two great cards, love the fern design and Mermaid Lagoon was a perfect choice for the background.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More