Now that my lovely pal Kathy has made her challenge ATC from the kit I gave her, I can reveal my original here ;o) I started with an ATC sized stretched canvas which I coated roughly with Gesso. I used various distress inks and gold ink pads to add colour. I then added bits of gauze in shades of orange and brown and piece of gloriously shimmery mesh in shades of blues and greens, all secured with glittery Mod Podge. I covered a slide mount with some lovely paper in browns and creams and behind this I attached a vintage photo on acetate. I again brushed the frame with the Mod Podge and finally sprayed a coat of Crafters' Companion Spray and Sparkle in Gold on to it. I attached the lock and key with lengths of silver coloured chain and jump rings and added 3 of these lovely bronze coloured leaves that I found in my stash while sorting it out. These give the piece a nice 'dangly' element. I dragged walnut stain distress ink and then gold ink over the buttons to distress them a little, then I was just about done!
This is the ATC I made from the previous challenge kit that Kathy sent to me. Once again, I used distress inks to both stamp the brown swirl on the background and to distress the background and frame. I cut out the frame on my Cuttlebug using a nestabilities frame die, distressed it with walnut stain ink, added some gold ink round the edges and finally sprayed it with CC's Spray and Sparkle in gold. The corner embelishment is the only extra that I added to the kit and I found it in the bottom of my button box. There is a small horizonal strip of craft card which I embossed with a border embossing folder from Cuttlebug, which I then dragged the walnut stain ink pad over to highlight the embossing. Sadly it isn't really visible under the ribbon loops, but at least I know it's there!