Thursday 18 August 2011

Happy 60th Birthday

It was a pal's 60th Birthday recently and I wanted to create a special card for her to celebrate this milestone birthday, so today's post features her card.

I do love these elegant lady sketch images by Penny Black.  You can either colour them or just stamp and leave the design as simple line art.  I decided to add just a touch of colour to the image and I know my pal likes blue. 

I wanted to add a very discrete number rather than a 'in your face' large one, so stamped the tiny 6 and 0 on to two of the balloons.  My first instinct was to stamp the numbers on the two balloons in the centre of the bunch, but decided to add them to the right hand side as I felt it would better align with the image.  In this position the eye is drawn from the numbers in a lefthand diagonal line down to the the flower on her bag and is more balanced (in my view anyway!) what do you think? Answers on a postcard please!  or better to just leave me a comment !!!!

The 'Congratulations' sentiment along the bottom is from a set by Dark Room Door - I love and use this set a lot.

There's Glossy Accents on the balloons, the flower on her chic handbag and her shoes and also touches of Spica Glitter Pen on the strings of the balloons and her dress.

As it was a special birthday card I decided to create a specially embelished envelope to hold it, You can just see the envelope under the card in the piccie.  I stamped a calender image, added the month and her birthdate, with a tiny pearl star to highlight the date on the front of the envelope.  The base card I used is a large 8x8 scalloped edge, so the card has a great deal of 'presence'.

Hope you enjoyed today's creation and that you'll drop by again soon.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Love the way the DRD stamp appears to "ground" your image, Wynneth - your friend will LOVE it and entirely forgive you telling everyone that she is 60!

Kathyk

Annie said...

lovin' the blue Wynneth and such an elegant birthday card.
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

gorgeous image and card, i think you were right to move the 60 over and what a lovely envelope x