Monday 1 August 2011

Venus Moon

Happy Tuesday to you, hope it's a good one whatever you get up to. I've been busy working with my new release stamps from Queen Kat Designs for August and today's project features the totally gorgeous Venus Moon by Myka Jelina - don't you just love her?

I think you know me by now and that I do so love to experiment and push the boundaries with images and materials. Today's creation is one of my latest experiments.

Normally I use a nice smooth coated white cardstock on which to stamp my images when I am colouring with alcohol inks such as Copics and Promarkers.    I know that the colours don't bleed when I use the smooth cardstock, but sometimes I don't want to have my image on a separate layer and the cardstock isn't of a heavy enough weight to use as a base card.

For today's card I stamped the image directly on to a piece of subtley patterned background paper and coloured it with Copics. I then used some sequin waste and a couple of Memento ink pads to create a design at the bottom. I cut out some fronds using Marianne Designs dies and punched butterflies in three sizes using a set of Nellie Snellen punch and emboss punches. I punched two of each size, left one flat, which I attached to the card, then embossed the second layer and glued just the centre so the wings lift up. The butterfly bodies where created with a Waco Pearlmaker pen.

This is a much more simple and flat design than it appears in the picture and reasonably quick to do. I was very pleased that my experiment worked, it could have gone so horribly wrong ! and I will try it again in the future I think.

Bye for now....

6 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

This is an awesome image Wynneth! :)

Love the artistic feel to this, just fab with the branch swirling up the side

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jayne Hayward said...

This is gorgeous. Just love the beautifully coloured image and well done for attempting it on the dp used. I love the colours, frond and butterflies.

Jayne xx

Kathyk said...

Your colouring skills have not diminished in your absence! Love your sequin waste design too

Kathyk

Debs M said...

great image and beautiful card, sequin waste and butterflies look fab x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Love this Wynneth. Lx

Unknown said...

It's an absoulety gorgeous image and the card is beautiful - I look forward to seeing it IRL sometime soon.