Monday, 1 August 2011
I think you know me by now and that I do so love to experiment and push the boundaries with images and materials. Today's creation is one of my latest experiments.
Normally I use a nice smooth coated white cardstock on which to stamp my images when I am colouring with alcohol inks such as Copics and Promarkers. I know that the colours don't bleed when I use the smooth cardstock, but sometimes I don't want to have my image on a separate layer and the cardstock isn't of a heavy enough weight to use as a base card.
For today's card I stamped the image directly on to a piece of subtley patterned background paper and coloured it with Copics. I then used some sequin waste and a couple of Memento ink pads to create a design at the bottom. I cut out some fronds using Marianne Designs dies and punched butterflies in three sizes using a set of Nellie Snellen punch and emboss punches. I punched two of each size, left one flat, which I attached to the card, then embossed the second layer and glued just the centre so the wings lift up. The butterfly bodies where created with a Waco Pearlmaker pen.
This is a much more simple and flat design than it appears in the picture and reasonably quick to do. I was very pleased that my experiment worked, it could have gone so horribly wrong ! and I will try it again in the future I think.
Bye for now....