Wednesday 14 October 2009

Blue Swing sketchie/K.I.S.S. #3

I created this card as a further entry for this week's Let's Get Stamping sketchie challenge over on Craftbubble. I have to confess that I took liberties with the sketch for this entry, but followed the 'monochrome with a touch of colour' rules. The image I used is 'Rope Swing' from Whiff of Joy stamps, coloured with ProMarkers and then cut out. The BP is from a Papermania Black and White Inspirations paper pad, I added a touch of pale blue with a ProMarker to the flowers to tie in with the colour theme and added the image in a way to give the impression that the swing is attached to the tree branch on the BP, with a hand made flower cut from turquoise card to 'lift' the image from the background. The sentiment is also from Whiff of Joy which I stamped and cut out with a nestabilities circle die and layered on to a piece of the turquoise card cut out with a petite scallop nestabilities die. The sentiment was then added to a strip of the turquoise card. I punched out some tiny flowers from from the same card and added touches of spica glitter pen to the bows on her shoes and the centres of the flowers. So, this fits in with both the sketchie and Annie's K.I.S.S. #3 challenge - result !

3 comments:

Annie said...

another fabby card Wynneth and great you could make it for the K.I.S.S. theme too! I'm trying to get some cards made today .. .. not going too well just at the moment so I've stopped for a coffee and a browse for inspiration!
hugs, annie x

Junie said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO I just love this !!! adore the colour combination also !!! hoping you are well !!!

Danni said...

Love her blue shoes! Great card!