Tuesday 2 March 2010

Float Like a Butterfly......

Good morning and welcome!

Today I am sharing with you a card I've created using the newly released March WIS Kit from Queen Kat Designs.  My regular visitors will know that every Wednesday I post up a project I've created using QKD stamps on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog.  I also like to share it on here too each week.

This new March Kit is so fabulous and I am mega-excited to have been given the kit to work with for the whole month!

If you joined in with the QKD Blog Hop on monday, you will have seen the card I created in those lovely Spring colours using the new Kit stamps.  It's not too late to take part in the Hop, just pop over to the QKD Blog and follow the links as you hop along.

For today's card I decided to simply stamp the main image on to plain white vellum using white chalk ink, then heat embossing it with clear embossing powder.  I normally have lots of colour on my projects, but I really wanted to try something different this week.

I cut an aperture in the front of the base card using a scalloped rectangle spellbinders nestabilities die and placed the stamped vellum panel behind the aperture.  On the inside of the card I added a layer of dark grey paper to act as a contrast panel behind the stamped image when the card is closed.  To complete the vellum panel, I added three clear gems in each corner.

The black and white paper was in my stash and I cut a strip for each side and punched the edges with a Martha Stewart lacy edge punch.  I cut the flowers with a nestabilities die and added a flower bead to the centre of each.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Kit on to a scrap of white card and cut it out with a petite scallop circle nestie die.  I then used Distress Ink in Black Soot to colour the layer and added a small metal butterfly charm that I found in my stash.

I do hope you've enjoyed viewing my project today, do check out the WIS Blog and all the amazing projects the DT share on there, you're bound to be inspired!

hugs
wynneth
x

8 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

You are so right, this is totally different to your normal creations but soo chic! I love the lack of colour and the white image, it's really inspiring. Hope you are well, Katie xx

Junie said...

WOW you have done it again !!! This is just STUNNING !!! So very elegant and completely different !!

Marie said...

i adore mermaids and this card is just beautiful :)

Kathyk said...

Wynneth, your cards are always so yummy. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful vacation too.
Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very swish Wynneth. Love that effect. Looks great. Hope you're enjoying your break. Lauren x

2amscrapper said...

oooh, I different look! I like it. I left a little something on my blog for you.

Kathyk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wynneth - hope you are having a fab day.

Kathyk

Annie said...

and I missed seeing this card too! she's stunning in white and the card is gorgeous.
hugs, annie x