Friday 26 March 2010

Purple Fairy Dream

Hello and welcome to my blog today.  I have set this project up to autopost as I am away from home, visiting the craft show at the NEC today.  I don't have a huge shopping list for the show, but I suspect I may end up with quite a few new 'goodies' that I MUST have before the end of the day!!!  I am going with my Dad and Niece and meeting up with a couple of my on-line crafting pals - it should be a great day!

For today's card, I decided to use this awesome manga/steam punk style fairy stamp from Queen Kat Designs.  I love all the stamps designed by Che Gilson as they are just so different. 

Although this stamp is called 'Green Fairy', I decided to use these lush purple papers and coloured her with shades of purple and grey ProMarkers to match.  I stamped some swirls on to the background papers with black ink and added a sparkly brad in the top righthand corner.

I just love the way Che draws the eyes on these characters and I added Glossy Accents to highlight them.  I also gave her purple shiny boots as I think she's that kinda girl!!!  I cut the image out with a deckle edge oval nestabilities die and attached this over a metallic purple layer cut with a plain oval nestie.   I stamped the DREAM sentiment on white card and added Dusty Concord Distress Ink around the edges.  Finally I added two lengths of purple ribbon, attached with staples, then the three bow shaped buttons along the bottom.

The layout I used is the sketch for this week over on the Craftbubble.com Let's Get Stamping Challenge and as I used a brad, button and bow (on the thread through the buttons) this card meets all the requirements to be an entry for this week.

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you've enjoyed it.  On monday there is another QKD Blog Hop and I shall have a project on here to share with you as part of the Hop.  I do hope you'll stop by again soon - I just loved having you visit!
hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Annie said...

funky! a fabulous card Wynneth and love the purple! I hope you are having a good time at the show, and looking forward to seeing your new stash!
hugs, annie x

nicky said...

wonderful card! hugs nicky