Tuesday 27 April 2010

The Lovely Loreli



Welcome to my Weekly Wednesday WIS Spotlight.  On wednesday each week I showcase one of my projects on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog for Queen Kat Designs.
I also like to share my projects on here for my regular blog visitors, but if you wish to see other DT creations, it's well worth a visit to the WIS Blog any time.  Every day a member of the DT showcases their own projects and there are some really inspirational creations on there.


This week we were given the picture on the right as inspiration for our projects and I decided to select the aqua and reddish brown shades to use on my card.

How could anyone resist the awesomely lovely Loreli Mermaid - isn't she wonderful?  How I would love to have a fabulous figure like that!!!!

The background papers are from the Papermania Persimmon Collection, which I distressed a little.  The image was coloured with ProMakers and Copics then cut out with a nestabilities die.  This was then attached over blue, then orange, metallic layers cut with progressively larger dies from the same set.  Finally, I added some of these luscious turquoise flat back pearls, which I recently purchased from the QKD Store.  There's a 30% off sale at the Store right now too!

I hope you'll drop by again next wednesday when I will be sharing another of my projects with you.
hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Annie said...

she is gorgeous Wynneth and I love that big scallop circle die you used to cut and mount - pretty papers too!
hugs, annie x

Steph Ackerman said...

Wynneth, she is gorgeous.

Penny said...

love the shimmer colors! great card!