Sunday 25 April 2010

Pink Candy Hair with a difference!

Well, it's monday again folks and time for our weekly Queen Kat Designs Blog Hop! I hope you arrived here via Lara's Blog, but if you didn't, you might like to go to the beginning and start at the QKD Blog so you don't miss any of the amazing creations by the DT.


We are working with this picture for inspiration this week and it's a great colour combo and perfect for my project today.









I decided to use the lovely newly released 'Pink Candy Hair' Mermaid which is available in the QKD Store right now, you might like to add her to your own stamp stash, so do pop over to the Store after you finish the Hop.  *** there's a massive 50% off stamps right now, and we are so excited at the news that all stamps sold after 1 May will be in rubber!  So what are you waiting for, get over there and pick up a bargain! ***

I coloured Candy Hair with Copics and ProMarkers in these lovely rich colours and added touches of Spica glitter pen here and there.

I have to say I don't often create a card using no background papers, but I wanted to replicate the lovely crisp contrasts of the bright colours against the white background in the inspirational picture.

I cut this lovely frame from blue metallic card, with a nestabilities frame die and mounted it using foam pads to raise it up from the base card. The blue flowers and metallic centre flowers are from my stash.

So there we have it - a plain, simple but effective layout using a beautiful image to create a card which could be used for any occasion.

I'm now sending you hopping along to Kimme's blog to see what gorgeous creation she has to share with you today. Thank you for joining us in the Hop, don't forget the rest of the DT do their Hop tomorrow and you can start once again over on the QKD blog and just follow the links.

hugs
wynneth
x

10 comments:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this Wynneth!! I know what you mean about using no DP!! but it looks so crisp and clean...it's fantastic. and I am in LOVE with the blue metallic frame that you cut!!

so clever!! and simply gorgeous!!

woo hoo!

xoxo
Meredith

Dolores said...

I love this card, beautiful stamp

Rach said...

quickly popping by to say thank you for joining in with my candy give away and to wish you luck.xx

This is fantastic Wynneth, fabulous job.x

WeirdCat said...

Gorgeous card, love the frame
Ruth x

Kimme said...

Love the white and blue. The contrast is wonderful.

Kathyk said...

Sorry I'm late . . . another dynamite card and I LURVE that nestie!
Kathyk

Annie said...

another adorable cutie! how come I missed seeing her - buttons for brains I guess!
hugs, annie x

Steph Ackerman said...

Very nice use of this stamp. Love the scallops.

Penny said...

love how you framed the card!!!

Lara said...

Beautiful!! Excellent job!!