Monday 5 July 2010

Ruby Wedding


A couple of very good friends of ours will be celebrating their Ruby (40th) Wedding Anniversary next weekend.  They are having a big party, organised by their children, and all their family and friends are invited.  Sadly, we won't be able to join them in the celebration as we shall be away from home then. 

I decided to create a special card to give to them - along with a nice bottle of 'Bubbly' - with a huge apology for missing their special day. 

Unlike my regular projects, there is very little colouring on this card, just the tiny hearts and ribbons in the oval garland which frames the Happy Anniversary sentiment.  After colouring these with Promarkers, I added Glossy Accents to the hearts to give them a little texture.   I covered the top layer with some red patterned paper that I had in my stash, before cutting out an oval aperture with a nestabilities die to reveal the garland and message on the bottom layer.  I used the same oval die and a slightly larger scalloped oval die to create a frame from a piece of glossy red card.  The top layer was added using silicone glue to raise it up a little over the sentiment layer.

These delicious flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I punched the fronds from white card with a Martha Steward punch before colouring them with Promarkers and attaching them under the flowers.  Finally these red heart shaped gems were attached to the corners and under the sentiment, as a finishing touch.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by today, I hope you've enjoyed seeing this special card.
hugs
wynneth
x 

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

It's fabulous - they should absolutely love it . . . . and the bubbly.

Kathyk

LINDA said...

Such a beautiful card..

Annie said...

a gorgeous card Wynneth! love the ruby red colour and the cut out. I've only just got your message - keep forgetting to check the phone! it's been one of those days so I'll ring you tomorrow if that's ok.
hugs, annie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Absolutely beautiful Wynneth. I love the flowers and how nice to make a feature of the sentiment for a change. Lauren x