Monday 11 October 2010

Wynneth' WIS Kit Challenge week 2 - another sketch

It's tuesday so the Queen Kat blog hop is happening today.  This month, rather than using new release stamps, I am focusing on September's WIS kit and creating a new project every week. Each project will have a new technique or style as I wanted to demonstrate just how versatile these WIS kits can be and that you can use all or just part of the kit in order to create a great project.  My project is posted up on the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog as part of the Hop, start here if you'd like to do the hop yourself.

For today's card I used the main image from the WIS kit and a watercolour technique using Distress Inks.  I stamped the image onto watercolour paper using Walnut Stain DI and, while the ink was still wet, used a water brush to drag in some of the colour and blur the sharp outline in places. You have to work quickly as the ink soaks into the paper really fast. I also added a little extra ink in places to create more shading.

I used a DL size base card in ivory and cut a layer from kraft card which I stamped with the swirl stamp from the kit in a random pattern using Pumice Stone DI.

I wrapped a length of this luscious chocolate brown and cream ribbon from Stampin' Up! around the kraft layer and tied in a knot at the front before attaching it to the base card. The sentiment was stamped onto a scrap of the ivory card and glued into place before the brown half pearls were added in the corners.

This is a very quick and easy way to colour an image and great if you are pressed for time.
Next Tuesday I'll be sharing another project with you using the WIS kit with a different technique or style, til then - Happy Crafting!

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Love your card Wynneth, that Stampin' Up ribbon was a triumph too.

Kathyk

Lia said...

beautiful card wynneth I love the ribbon
hugs lia

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sooooooooo stylish Wynneth. I love that ribbon too. MmmmmMMMmmmm. Lx

Annie said...

beautiful! I love the sepia tones and that ribbon is gorgeous!
hugs, annie x