Monday 30 May 2011

The Black Prince

Welcome to my last project for May for Queen Kat Design's Dark Ink Sorority Blog, boy has this month flown by fast!  I thought I'd bring you a project using the fantastic Brat Prince by Che Gilson as I'll have new release stamps for June to play with next week.

For today's project I decided on a monochrome theme, colouring the image with shades of grey Copics and leaving white spaces as a contrast. The background layer is black pearl card embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. The stars were cut from scraps of the background card using a set of nesties. The sentiment is from one of the monthly Myka Jelina kits from QKD and both the image and sentiment layers were edged around with black Stickles.

Clean, simple and striking I think - how do you feel about monochrome? Are you a fan or do you prefer more colour? Do leave me a comment and let me know, I love to hear what other crafters like.

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy your Tuesday whatever you are planning.

3 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the embossed background and how you have coloured in the image.

Jayne xx

Unknown said...

Love your card - really do like that image. I'm a fan of monochromatic but strangely enough very rarely use it on any of my cards - perhaps it's something I should have a go at.

Kathyk said...

I do love the look of monochrome and this card is lovely Wynneth

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk