Saturday 12 January 2013

Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen

Yesterday was the sixteenth birthday of the daughter of a friend of mine and my friend asked me to make a special card and a smash-type book for her.  The birthday girl loves Manga style and is a huge fan of pink, so my design brief was to work with these elements.

Here's a pic of the card



These cute 'Painting Bunnies' were created using Queen Kat Design stamps and coloured with Copics.  I used Marianne's dies to cut the large hearts and the smaller woven hearts.  The background papers are from the Nana's Kitchen pack by DCWV and matted over some pretty pink cardstock.  I created the sentiment on my computer and the basecard is a nice large 8x8 size.

Now for the smash-type book.  Again I used stamps from QKD and coloured the images with Copics, here's a pic of the front page.


I used a set of Memory Box alphabet dies to cut out the letters for the sweet sixteen title and the various sentiments were from a set of stamps by QKD.   I added Glossy Accents to the die cut letters to give them dimension and emphasis.

Here's a close up of the image top left



and this is a close up shot of the image bottom right - there's Glossy Accents on the fishbowl and globe, I think you can just see it in the pix.


Here's close up shots of the other two QKD images which I added to inside pages

 
 
 

I bound the book using my 'Bind-it-All' machine and added some pretty pink ribbons on the ring binding.  I hope there was enough pink to keep the birthday girl happy and that she has great fun filling in the pages of her smash-style book over the coming days.

Hope you have a great saturday, I'm out to dinner tonight to celebrate the birthdays of a couple of friends - promises to be a fun evening.

6 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

This is fab - love the images you have used and the colours too.

Hope you are all well

Jayne x

Debs M said...

this is fantastic Wynneth, what a great gift x

Kathyk said...

How did I miss this post matey? Sorry. Lovely projects and (as always) FABULOUS colouring!

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is absolutely fabulous brilliant project Ginny x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a great way to document such a mile stone. Those stamped images are just spot on and I've fallen for those woven hearts hmmmmm...
That is one very lucky sweet sixteen.
Have a great week Wynneth.
Katie x

Annie said...

Fabulous Wynneth, and so pretty in pink. Been without internet again here but fingers crossed it's back!
hugs, annie x