Friday 25 January 2013

Sugar Block Club - January BoM

Happy Friday folks, hope you're having a great day.

Today I'm sharing a quilting project with you, it's a 12x12 inch block and I'll be making a different one each month throughout the year following the patterns I receive and may stitch them all together to form a quilt when I've finished all twelve.


 
I enrolled in the Stitchery Dickory Dock's Sugar Block Club BOM (block of the month) for 2013 at the end of last year and finished the block for January a couple of days after receiving the pattern.  I have ordered the fabric bundle suggested from Sam, but so far it hasn't arrived so I used fabrics I already had in my stash.

I did enjoy making this block but after I'd finished I thought it would have looked better if I'd chosen to use more contrasting fabrics which would have revealed the design a little more clearly.  I will make this block again using the Sugar Block Club fabrics when they arrive, although I do love the overall colour scheme of this first block.

My pal Linda, her pal Karen and myself all joined the SB Club and we decided we would share our monthly blocks on our blogs on the last friday of each month, hence my post today.  I'm sure that, despite working with the same pattern, all our blocks will look completely different.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my project today, hope you've enjoyed your visit. 

7 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Wynneth

Well what a great first effort for the sugar block, really neat stitching and lines and looks really really nice. Looking forward to seeing next month.

Hugs K x

PS I did struggle a bit with my triangle measurements but got to grips with it in the end by taping my square so I could work out the size LOL !

Kathyk said...

You really ARE on a quilting roll and this one is lovely Wynneth

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Karen K said...

Hi, me again sorry don't have your email address. Linda and I have just signed up on Craftsy for the free motion quilting class, I think it's going to be really useful, either you can do your blocks as you go (quilting wise) or put them all together and quilt big.....

K x

Clare Lloyd said...

a lovely square wynneth, you will have a fabulous quilt by the end of the year. x

Debs M said...

looks great Wynneth - love the fabric x

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous Wynneth and as I've seen in IRL I know it's beautiful - great work and can't wait for next months now.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a lovely idea Wynneth and I have to say the colours to me look so beautiful. The dainty soft shades with the Polka Dots add the perfect pop of colour.
So very pretty indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing more of these. You'll have a quilt in every corner of the house soon (sounds like bliss) :)
Katie x