Monday 8 April 2013

A Little Puffin on your Birthday

Today, is my 'baby' brother's Birthday, I'm sure he's having a smashing day.  Here's the card I made for him, I hope he liked it.

 
I recently bought this fabulous Puffin stamp from Crafty Individuals, I think he is such a cutie and couldn't wait to use him.  I stamped him and his speech bubble onto white card and cut out, coloured bits of the image with Copics and added Glossy Accents on his beak, heart and his legs and feet.
 
Using a Marianne's die set I cut out the journal page and tab, stamping the design on the page using a set of stamps by Stampers Anonymous and Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The sentiment is a stamp from a set by SU!  
 
I created an insert on the computer, both my Bruv and I are fond of using Puns, and he likes to puff on a good cigar on occasions.  The words I put on the insert said I hope that on his birthday he is allowed a little Puffin' !   I think it will make him giggle and brighten his day.
 
Thanks for dropping by to check on today's project - hope you like it.

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

I'm sure your bruv will be happy to realise "pun intended"!!! Your card is delightful and your little puffin divine - might have to put him on my birthday list too!

Have a great day

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a cute little Puffin he is too. I have a particular soft spot for them, I must admit. Lovely card, which I'm sure your lovely bruv will appreciate. Lx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

It's gorgeous Wynneth, I bet your lil bro loved it as much as the pun! Great dies, it's the perfect "boy" card with attitude.
Hugs, Katie x
P.S I would love to take credit for the embroidery, but it's all machine done! I want to learn by hand -another thing on my list!

Clare Lloyd said...

really fab wynneth, i love those crafty individuals image..rather tempted to purchase those myself! hope andy is behaving himself! x

Lilian said...

Great card Wynneth. I am sure your brother loved the card. Love the puffin stamp.
Hugs lilian