Thursday 4 July 2013

Stars and Stripes

Happy Fourth of July to all those who are celebrating Independence Day, hope you have a wonderful day.

As it's Thursday there's a new challenge starting today over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.  Our theme this week is (very aptly) Stars and/or Stripes - interpret this how you will - and this week's prize sponsor is Bunny Zoe Crafts.

Here's my DT card


I just had to use one of my latest JOFY from PaperArtsy stamps for my design - I'm still in love with all these fabulous images ! 

The starry layer was created using a Cuttlebug embossing folder with a piece of SU! cardstock.  The stripey/chevron layer is a scrap I found in my bits drawer and I think it's from the Docrafts Happy Days paper pad but can't be absolutely certain. 

The sentiment is from a set of SU! stamps which I stamped onto a scrap of white card then cut out using a pennant die from the 'Hearts a Flutter' die set also from SU!.  I coloured the white card with a Copic pen to match the colour scheme of the rest of the design.

I coloured the image using my Copics, colouring the flag red to give a pop of colour in the scene.  A scrap of natural twine tied in a reef knot at the bottom added a finishing 'nautical' touch to the card design.

This will be a great 'guys' card to have in my stock.

Do hop over to the CCT blog and check out all the awesome creations from the rest of the DT.  Thanks for visiting here today, hope you enjoyed my latest project.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

And what a splendid job you made with them too, Wynneth. As you know, I too love this JOFY image!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Absolutely lovely card Wynneth. Your layering is just perfect with that gorgeous JOFY image. Lx

Unknown said...

Fabulous use of those lovely new stamps - that was one of my favourites when I saw them Wednesday. Wonderful male card c