Wednesday 29 January 2014

Mini Book - Fun at a Workshop !

Good Morning Bloggers, how are you doing today ?  I'm happy to report that there has been a little more activity in Stamping Grandma's crafty space  in recent days, Mr Mojo has put in the odd appearance after going missing for a while - whoo hooo !

The project I'm sharing with you today is the mini book I created at a South West Arty Crafters Group Workshop run by Bernie Simmons - thanks Bernie.

The front of the book (back cover is the same)
 






view of the mini book from the back/spine angle
 



The mini book was constructed using envelopes, cardboard (for the front and back covers) and LOTS of sheets of 12 x 12 papers.  It was fun to do and being with a group of other crafters was really nice.  Despite all starting out with the same materials all our mini books looks very different - it was interesting to see the colour combos and papers that each of us chose and how the finished books looked, quite a rainbow of colour seeing them all together !

I chose to make mine predominantly pink and used some lush papers - apologies but I didn't pay attention to the manufacturers of each paper whilst rummaging through the great selection Bernie had provided for us.  As I was thumbing through the paper stack the 'Fabulous' paper and the pink hearts on a black background paper called out my name and inspired the whole theme/colour scheme of my project.

I won't go into a detailed description of the construction method, I'm sure you would be able to find a YouTube vid or other tutorials online explaining how this type of book is made. 

My mini book will be stuffed with all things Pink and Fabulous as and when I find them and it will be great to pick up and glance through occasionally to reinforce how FABULOUS my crafting life is - filled with lovely friends, great stash and learning new skills all the time !  In fact I have something newly created so I plan to put a pic of it inside my new book.  It's a needle felted brooch that I created during a recent workshop, which was also HUGE fun, and I got to meet the other lovely ladies joining in the fun, plus tea and delish Lemon Polenta Cake ... slurp !  I'll share pix of my brooch at a later date.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today, let me know what you think of today's project by leaving me a comment - if you have the time.  Have a wonderful craft-filled day.

5 comments:

Annie said...

fabulous album Wynneth - love the pink!
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

Morning matey,

Splendid make to share with us all this morning, looks like fun to make too.

The "lips", "hearts" and "fabulous" are, I believe, from the DCWV "Rock Star" stack, Wynneth

Kathyk

Bernie Simmons said...

So Pleased you enjoyed my workshop Wynneth it was lovely as always to see you xx Wonderful book love the colours you picked and very you ....Fabulous Dahling! xxxx

vic said...

This is just so pretty I love the beautiful papers too :)
Vic x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Pink and fab, tea and cake -aahh I'm feeling better already.
I always find it so incredibly fascinating to see how different the end designs can be when people are using the same products. I love that, as I do your gorgeous project.
ANOTHER TRIUMPH!
Katie X