Monday 13 January 2014

Star Burst Birthday Wishes

Happy Monday dear Bloggers how are you doing today ?  Good I hope. 

Today I have a card to share with you, this is one I made for a pal who has her birthday today

Happy Birthday Jan
 
 
To create this card I used some newly acquired stash -

*  Creative Expressions, Urban Beats stamp set
*  Stampin' Up! inks in Pistachio Pudding and Pear Pizzazz
*  Joanna Sheen 'Starburst' die
*  Clear Wink of Stella Pen

I applied the inks direct to the card, using an Inkyliscious brush, in a random manner, firstly the Pistachio then Pear over it.  I then stamped the stars image from the stamp set using Pear Pizzazz ink over the top.

To create the star flourish I used a scrap of SU! Pear Pizzazz cardstock and the Joanna Sheen die, then adhered it over the stamped image, scattering the stars over the design.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment using the Pear Pizzazz ink on to a scrap of white card, then fussy cut it out and adhered using Pin Flair glue to give it a little dimension.

Finally I applied Clear Wink of Stella pen over the individual letters on the sentiment and all over the diecut pieces to make them twinkle a bit.

Here's a close up shot showing the twinkle a little more clearly



I am loving the effect of the Wink of Stella pens right now. 

Thanks for visiting today, hope you enjoyed today's project.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

FAB! Very trendy and love your chosen colours.

It would DEFINITELY appear that my experience with wink of stella resulted in not one but two duds!!

Kathyk

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Debs M said...

great card, love the stars and the sparkle from the pen looks great! x