Wednesday 30 April 2014

I do Love to be Beside the Seaside ..... !

I really do love to be beside the Seaside and feel myself so fortunate to live in Cornwall with beaches not too far away. 

I was lucky enough to attend yet another workshop at Scrapbook Magic in Mullion with a few friends recently.  During this workshop we decorated/altered a Configurations Box.

Here's a few pix of my project and the progress I'd made on it by end of the session.  I didn't want to hurry it just to finish by the end of the workshop and I'll be completing it at home.  I'll share more pix once it's completely finished.

 
I used papers from the Graphic 45 By the Sea range - I love this particular range of papers.  Using this sheet for the front as I figured the configurations box would mostly be displayed open and the inside page would be seen more often.  

Here's the back of the box, showing how I wrapped the front paper around over the spine and part way round the back.


Finally, here's the opened box showing the boxes I did manage to decorate and where they will fit into the configuration.


I will be doing lots of inking around the edges everywhere, adding papers to the empty boxes. embellishing the front cover and adding various items to the boxes, such as shells and other 'by the sea' items that I have in my stash or can find.

It was a fun workshop and I met lots of lovely ladies there, I'm looking forward to the next one.

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Wow! WOW! LOVE those papers and the box is looking fabulous already. Can't wait to see how it progresses Wynneth. Lx

Debs M said...

ooh love those papers, looks great so far x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Incredible Wynneth, such great detail and still more to come -wow.
You do live is such a gorgeous part of the country, lucky lady.
Katie x

Annie said...

well I missed this post! love those papers and look forward to seeing your project!
hugs, annie x