Saturday 19 April 2014

Tag-a-Long

Welcome Bloggers, I hope you are enjoying a nice Easter weekend.

A couple of weeks ago I went along to a workshop at Scrapbook Magic in Mullion where we created tags using different techniques.

For the first tag we inked up the dress form stamp then, whilst the ink was still wet, 'kiss stamped' a reverse text stamp inked with Black Soot DI, onto the top of the inked dress form stamp.  The dress form image complete with text was then stamped onto the blank tag.

I then applied colour to the edges of the tag using Distress Inks and randomly stamped the postmark images around the edges.


I used Alcohol Inks to colour all over a sheet of glassine paper, then crumpled it up a couple of times, flattened it with my hands, then dragged a DI pad over the top to emphasise the creases.  I then used Sizzix flower dies to cut out lots of petals, from which I created three blooms, fastened together with a brad in the centre of each.  From the scraps of glassine left over, I cut out two spool shapes, again using a Sizzix die.Lengths of cotton tape were then wrapped around each spool and the spools and blooms glued to the tag.

Tag 2 was created using different techniques.
 
I first sprayed the blank tag with different colours of ink, holding the spray nozzle close to the tag, blotting and drying with a heat gun before adding the next colour.  I then dry embossed the tag with an embossing folder in the Big Shot machine.  I dragged a DI pad over the top to emphasise the embossed image.
 
The butterfly shapes were cut from Grungeboard using a die, I then painted them with white Gesso.  Once the Gesso was dry, I applied DIs to colour each one, applied Versamark all over and clear embossing powder and heated it.  Once cooled I then over stamped them with a crackle image using black Archival ink. 
 
I then attached a pen nib to each as a body and glued each butterfly to the tag.
 
Finally, Tag 3
 
 
For this tag I stamped the fancy flourish image onto the blank tag with Versamark, sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heated it.  I used nice bright colours of DIs to add colour all over the tag and  once dry I rubbed a soft cloth over the flourishes to remove any DI residue and bring out the white outline more clearly.
 
I then stamped various small images randomly over the tag using black Archival ink.  The birdcage and tiny bird were cut from Grungeboard using Sizzix dies.  I then covered them with Versamark ink and gold embossing powder before heating with a heat gun.   I cut a  small scrap of mirror foil to fit behind the birdcage and glued the tiny bird onto the cage.
 
Finally, I wrapped a length of twine around a small bunch of twigs and another length of twine around the tag and glued the twig bundle over the top.
 
I apologise but I'm unable to tell you which dies and stamps were used on the tags as they were supplied by Margaret at Scrapbook Magic for us to use during the workshop and I didn't take notes, just got very inky fingers  ! 
 
Thanks for dropping by to check today's project, I hope you've enjoyed your visit.


5 comments:

Kathyk said...

FAB tags from you today Wynneth, love the textures from the first (the glassine flowers are just gorgeous) and the lovely warm colours of the third

Happy Easter to you and yours! Hugs to TTWD

Kathyk

Patricia said...

Good morning Wynneth, I love your wonderful "tags" each one a winner.
Happy Easter Sunday
Hugs

Patricia xx

Debs M said...

Gorgeous tags - love them all! Happy Easter to you and yours x

Roxie said...

Great job with the tags, if I had to choose a favorite it would the last one, so cheerful with the birds and shades of orange.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Look at those! You are too clever. The texture, dimension and tones work so well. What great makes.
Katie x