Saturday 30 August 2014

A Festive Batch

Hiya Folks, just a quick post from me today, well it's the start of the weekend and I have a very busy time in the next couple of days.  My Dad is going home tomorrow... sniff..sniff !  I shall miss having him around, he's also my crafting buddy and we've had lots of fun with my stash whilst he's been here for the past month.  I'll be seeing him again in November, so not too long till we get together again, he says everyone at his 'Bingo Club' have been missing him, Bless !  I'll post up some of his creations on here so you can see what he's been up to, we tried a few different techniques and stretched him out of his 'comfort zone' on occasions !  Well, he's only 87 years young, so lots of new learning is good for him LOL

 It recently dawned on me that Christmas isn't too far away now - I know, scary isn't it !

Anyway, with panic setting in I realised that I have fallen woefully behind with my plans to get at least a couple of Christmas cards made each week all through the year - to avoid the crazy frantic rush in October/November.  I decided batch making is the way forward, using designs that don't take hours to complete each one and are easy to duplicate.

I do have a large stash of Christmas stamps, embossing folders and dies - in fact I realised (with a little embarrassment) that if I made just one card using each of my Christmas stamps I would have sufficient to send a card to everyone on my list, how naughty am I ?   I'll work my way through my stash as best I can and am sticking to my resolve to not buy any new stamps this year - it's not easy though as there are some lovely new images around ... Ah well, got to stay strong Ha Ha !

 
 
A little earlier this year my crafting pal Lynn, managed to buy two sets of the gorgeous Stampin'Up! snowflake embossing folder and snowflake dies - been there, done that myself !  Purely to help her out (of course) I bought the duplicates from her.  I used the embossing folder on today's project to create the lovely subtle snowflake effect on the base card.
 
The tiny village image was stamped using a Sweet Poppy stamp, coloured with my ProMarkers and then diecut using the matching die.  I think this image is so pretty and it was easy to colour.  The sweet little sentiment is from a set of See D's stamps - remember these from years ago ?  Each set of stamps was sold in a CD case, they were made from purple rubber and are (I think) one of the first self-cling products (please correct me if I'm wrong on this).  This Christmas set was in my stash and had never seen ink.  I thought the tiny sentiment was the perfect size for my design and made me feel good to ink an unused stamp.
 
Here's a pic of the full batch of six I made this time, although I am so pleased with the finished design I shall definitely go on and make another batch of them to add to my stock of cards for this Christmas.
 
 

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today and like today's project, I'm sure I'll be sharing lots more Christmas designs over the coming weeks.  Thanks for dropping by today and have a great day whatever you have planned.

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow! Oh! Wow! A lady after my own heart.......!!.
This is my kind of Christmas Card making and I just LOVE those stunning creations. Simple but so, so effective, absolutely brilliant design
Have a great weekend

Patricia xx

Kathyk said...

What a gorgeous batch of cards - LOVE the little die cut village

Guess we'll be seeing a Rudolph Day batch from you soon too!

Safe journey home to your dad too

Kathyk

Debs M said...

great stamp and die cut - looks fabulous x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

lbwright22-loopylou said...

safe journey home to Andy x
Good luck with making those Christmas cards and for not splashing out on new stamps :-) Not sure I will managed to keep my (credit) card in my pocket all season ;-)
Love the batch you shared yesterday. So stylish!

Sarn said...

FAb use of the embossing folder and the die cuts xxx