Tuesday 19 August 2014

Lacy Birthday Wishes

Good morning Bloggers, I've woken to beautiful blue skies this morning, but it's a tad chilly !  Hopefully the showery weather of the past few days has now passed and we are in for a lovely late summer day here in my part of Cornwall. 

With such a busy few months my crafting time has been in short supply, however I managed to create this card using a new stamp I bought at the ArtStamps show Newbury Racecourse in July. 


I created a base card by cutting a strip from the right hand edge of a 6x6 white card and adding strips of background papers - all magazine freebies.  I then attached lengths of pretty lace, leaves and fronds diecut using various Marianne's dies and scraps of SU! cardstock. 

The cute handbags stamp is from Lili of the Valley - stamped and coloured using watercolour pencils then cut out using a deckle edge oval nestability die.  Before removing from the die I shaded around the edges using Distress Ink.  The image layer was then added over a slightly larger layer cut from a scrap of Stampin'Up! yellow cardstock and attached to the card front - overlapping the edge.

Finally I added a lace bow and a flower which I created using a silicone mould and air dry clay then coloured with ProMarkers.  I stamped the SU! sentiment, cut out and attached just under the lace bow.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little part of Blogland today, hope you've enjoyed your visit and like today's project.  Have a great day.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

See you tracked down your errant siggie again!

Your card is lovely this morning.

You feeling any better matey?

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty, love the colours you have used on your card. Hope you are feeling better x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love the dimension of this card Wynneth, my eyes just kept on falling into it. The colours are so very pretty too.
I do hope you are not too busy!
Katie x