Sunday 28 September 2014

Mostly Words

I hope you've had a great weekend, here in my little part of Cornwall the weather has been fabulous all weekend, lovely warm and sunny.  I've been making a few batches of Christmas cards over the weekend and it has felt a little strange working with icy images and festive sentiments during this warm weather.

I've made batches of around 5 or 6 of each design, this is one of the designs which I think is perfect for the challenge launched yesterday on the Simply Less is More Blog with the theme of  'Mostly Words' .


I used a festive words embossing folder on a plain white C6 base card to create the background.

Using a set of stamps and matching dies from Sizzix Hero Arts to stamp the Happy Holidays square and cut out using the die.  Using a set of Sizzix Framelits dies I cut the pennant shape from a scrap of Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler cardstock, and attached it behind the square.

A simple but effective design I think and ideal for batch making, good to know I've added a few more to my stock of cards for this Christmas.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my latest project,  I hope you enjoyed your visit.

11 comments:

Debs M said...

great idea to use the embossing folder - looks fab! x

Kathyk said...

WOW! A fab design and a great batch make missus!

Kathyk

Unknown said...

What a classy card. Love the embossing folder you've used. Karen x

lbwright22-loopylou said...

LOVE that design- the embossing and red are brill x

Loli said...

Hola Wynneth,very elegant card, i like the touch of red, perfect contrast, beautiful card!. I like work with embossing folders you can make fantastic backgrounds!.
Hugs from Palma

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOVE that wynneth. What a great card! Lx

Sid said...

Hi Wynneth, loving your card, it's gorgeous ! I have also become your latest follower.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super CAS and stunning Wynneth - that's a really classy embossing folder you've used and perfect for our mostly words challenge.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Marianne said...

beautiful card, great background

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Wynneth... the embossing is so crisp... it looks ace!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Wynneth what a wonderful wordy card, so stylish!
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer