Tuesday 18 November 2014

More Than One Tree

Happy Tuesday dear Readers, the sun is currently shining on my piece of Cornwall, however there are nasty black clouds floating around, so I'm guessing we are in for a drenching later !

The project I'm sharing with you today was inspired by this week's theme over on the Simply Less is More Blog - 'more than one tree'


I am quite a fan of black and white as a colour combo for Christmas cards and as I had black Imagination Crafts sparkle paste and this lovely Memory Box trees stencil these were my inspiration.

After using the sparkle paste through the stencil onto white cardstock I used a Sizzix Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers 'PEACE' die and a scrap of white cardstock to create the simple sentiment.  I used an oval punch to make it a little smaller then attached it over a scrap of black cardstock cut using the same punch.

The holly border embossing folder was a magazine freebie and I embossed a strip of white card with it and attached next to the rectangular trees panel on the 6 x 6 base card.

I do hope the 'SLIM Ladies' will feel my card is CAS enough for their challenge !

I've been playing around with stencils and texture paste recently and am really enjoying myself, so be warned, you will see a few more projects using this method in the coming days - not all of them Christmas themed you may be pleased to hear !

Have a great day, whatever you have planned.

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a lovely combination and a great take on the theme. Makes a really lovely card.

Lx

Kathyk said...

Nice work missus, I'm a big fan of monochrome and loving your chosen embossing folder too

Kathyk

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A beautiful and sophisticated card here Wynneth. Loving those trees.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Debs M said...

very classy cars x

Chrissie said...

Ooooh fabulous Wynneth!
What a great design!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Gorgeous monochrome card Wynneth, love that stencil!
Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More this week.
Anne
LIM Designer