Tuesday 25 November 2014

Snow and Sparkle

Hi Folks, sorry I haven't shared many projects with you lately, it's that busy, busy, busy time of year and I'm sure many of you are as pressed for time as I am !

Anyway, I wanted to ink up one of the lovely Lavinia stamps I bought at the NEC recently and as their current challenge has the theme of 'Snow and Sparkle' I thought I'd enter this card.


I wasn't quite sure whether to share this one or not, I was very happy with how the centre circle design had turned out...... until I sprayed on some Crafters' Companion silver Spray and Sparkle ! 
It looks fine IRL but the sparkle is reflecting so much light in the photographs that it's a little difficult to see the stamped image.

I used a Memory Box die to cut the centre circles element and then attached a piece of white cardstock behind the cut out section.  Using Distress Inks I coloured the background of the centre circle and then stamped the seed pod image twice using Archival black ink.

Using a water brush, I removed some of the DIs on parts of the image to create lighter areas.  I also added some highlights using a white pen.  I wanted to create the effect of a snowstorm and I certainly have added lots of sparkle !

The circle was then attached back into the centre, a little glue dropped into each of the holes cut around the central circle and a little Lavinia glitter added over it for even more sparkle.

4 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh I have this die but have never used it! I agree it is quite hard to see the image but the colours look fab! x

Kathyk said...

I'm loving the C.C. Spray and Sparkle too - but HATING the smell!!!

FAB card - photographing projects is such a nightmare this time of year!

LOVELY make missus

Kathyk

Pauline Butcher said...

Thank you for joining us in the Lavinia Challenge with you lovely card, good luck, hugs Pauline DT member xxxx

Zoe said...

What a lovely glittery card, thank you for joining in Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx