Wednesday 11 May 2016

Storage Drawers for Brusho Pots

Whilst not doing a lot of cardmaking recently, I have been doing other things, one of which is a small set of drawers as a home for my little pots of Brusho powders.  As I've pierced the tops of the pots I wanted to keep them upright and the Candy Box Crafts drawer kit is perfect storage solution for the pots.

Here's a view of the front



The side


and the top


After assembling the draws I painted a coat of white gesso all over and then applied a coat of pink chalk paint.  Once the paint was dry I added a thin coat of gold metallic acrylic paint to make it a little more 'shabby chic'

I used sheets from a pack of Tilda papers, fussy cutting various elements out to create a collage for the top of the unit.  Then I added pieces of the papers cut to size, to the sides and drawer fronts.

Once all the papers were attached and dry the whole drawer unit was given two or three coats of Crafters Companion Spray and Shine, to seal the papers and make the whole finish more robust. Finally I added a set of Tim Holtz knobs/handles to the drawer fronts to complete it,

The drawer unit holds my whole stash of Brushos plus a few little pots of mica powders, and looks really pretty out on display.  I'm very pleased with the finished unit, which actually looks nothing at all like what I had in mind when planning how to decorate it !

I hope you've enjoyed today's project, thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Debs M said...

Looks fabulous Wynneth x

Debs M said...

Hi - I used dylusions paints and sprays x

Clare Lloyd said...

It's lovely.