Tuesday 24 May 2016

Wooden Spoon Dollies

Happy Tuesday folks where do the days go ?  they just seem to fly by.

For my project today I thought I'd share something different.  A few weeks ago I went to Grimsby to meet some of my online crafting pals and have our annual meet up we affectionately call 'Craftathon'.  It's so lovely to see everyone for a full-on weekend of crafting fun.  Each year we all take along what we call our 'shoebox project', something which doesn't take too long to complete and we each provide a set of the materials to complete our project in case there isn't sufficient time for everyone to complete it and so can finish at home.

This year my project was to create a little dolly using a small wooden spoon just 16cm tall. Here is the first of the examples I took along as inspiration for everyone.


My first sample was inspired by the lovely Kate Crane who shared a similar spoon dolly on her blog The Kathryn Wheel recently and this is my version of a similar dolly to the one she created. 

I applied a thin coat of  Paper Artsy Fresco Snowflake (white) chalk paint and then drew her face directly onto the bowl of the spoon using a mixture of various pencils and pens.  I added Glossy Accents on her shoes to make them shiny.  I have drawn a petticoat on her to protect her modesty under the dress Ha Ha !

I then added a light spray of Crafters' Companion 'Spray and Shine' to seal the chalk surface and drawn features and protect the whole thing.  I then used some scraps of fabric to create a dress for her with matching ribbons.  Her hair was made using some thin twine and the little charm on her pocket was from my stash.

Here's a view of her back



I'll share the other dollies over the next few days as I didn't want to make this post too picture heavy and risk boring you !

I hope you've enjoyed seeing today's project, she was real fun to make. 
 
I'd like also to welcome Marie-Noelle as my latest Follower, thanks for joining up on my blog, Ihope you'll be back regularly to see what I've been creating.

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

She's fabulous Wynneth. Can't wait to see more. Lx

Kathyk said...

She looks fabulous back and front missus, and I envy your ability to draw faces.

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk