Thursday 20 August 2009

My first entry for a Mojo Monday sketch challenge

Well, here it is - my very first submission for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge :0) I used one of my newly acquired Miss Anya stamps by The Greetings Farm. I coloured the image with ProMarkers and cut it out with my nestabilities deckle edge die. I layered the scallop edged DP on to a piece of cream lace, with just the edge of the lace peeking out to add to the scalloped effect. The DP is from a pack of Laura Ashley papers and the blue layer was from my stash. The sentiment was another of the Susanaments from SCACD. This is quite a simple card compared to most of the cards I have been making recently and I felt a little apprehensive that it looked a little bare, even though there are lots of patterns going on. Not completely sure I am happy with it, but I've posted it anyway...

4 comments:

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Very nice coloring. I think you choice of patterned paper is perfect for the colors your chose for the image. They are looking very nice together :)

Annie said...

lovin' your Miss Anya, Wynneth! I am experimenting today with Promarkers on Bristol Board - seems to be better, and I have a couple of new stamps too!
hugs, annie x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a cute card. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing! :)

Net said...

Fab card! That is one of my favourite stamps.