Sunday 8 November 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Niece


It's my Niece's birthday tomorrow and I decided to use this funky image for her card.  I downloaded it from an internet site quite a long time ago and I am afraid I don't know which site it was from.  I coloured the image with my ProMarkers and added some Card Candy dots, layered the image up on to some pink metallic card and tied a length of 'eyelash' ribbon around the pink layer.  I added a 'hello kitty' charm to the ribbon, but unfortunately it isn't very visible on the picture.  The background paper was free with a magazine some time ago and I thought it fitted well with the colour scheme and image.  The happy birthday sentiment was one of my bargain £1.50 stamps bought at the Sincerely Yours Paper Extravaganza in Taunton.  I used a very simple layout for this as the BP is very 'busy' and the image quite large and subtley coloured, so I didn't want to detract from this with too many layers.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! what a fab card for your neice and I love that image! and a great little greeting you found at that show .. .. seems I missed out on a good time there!
hugs, annie x

Kit said...

love your card

Danni said...

What a great image and a wonderful card!