Sunday 22 November 2009

Oriental Pair


I'm having another break from posting up Christmas cards and showing you these two oriental creations today.  I made the ATC first, using the stamp which came free with the Craft Stamper magazine the month before last. I love anything oriental and I was so happy to see this stamp on the mag. I stamped it first on white card, then again on shrink paper using Stazon Ink. I then used distress inks to colour the backgrounds, keeping the centre of the image lighter. I matted the image stamped on card onto a piece of gold card and used a heat gun to shrink the other image. I ran a Krylon gold pen around the edges of the shrunken image to finish it off. Using some thin gold ribbon from my stash, I wrapped it around the ATC three times, securing the shrunken image with a bow. The paper came from an oriental themed kit I bought quite a long time ago, it is very rich red, which unfortunately doesn't show too well on the photo.  Three pearl gems added to the bottom, finished off the whole thing. For the card, I followed the same procedure, but stamped the image onto a square of Stampboard which I mounted onto a piece of the background paper, then onto gold card, the shrunken image is finished exactly the same as on the ATC.

Thanks for stopping by to view my blog today.
hugs
wynneth
x

2 comments:

Cherry said...

Amazing Wynneth - the distress inks look great and that image really works. Love it. Have a great day. Hugs Cherry XX

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

These are really lovely Wynneth, well layed out and lovely papers (create and craft?) Have a great day xx