Monday 13 September 2010

Echo Lily Tri-Fold




Happy Tuesday morning dear reader.  Every Tuesday the Queen Kat Designs DT run a blog hop to share our projects.  My projects are posted on the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog as part of the hop, but I also like to share it here.  If you'd like to take part in the Hop, start here and follow the links to see all the projects.









This week we are challenged to work with the great
sketch on the right and I've chosen the newly released Echo Lily stamp for my project and created a tri-fold shutter card.

Here's a side-on view of the card which shows the tri-fold aspect more clearly.

I decided to use a sheet from the 12 x 12 DCWV Taj Mahal pack. It's a great design and needs no extra embellishing other than the delightful Lily, some pearls and a sentiment! 

I coloured Lily with a mixture of Copics and Promarkers in shades to match the card base design, before cutting out with an oval nestabilities die. I set the image layer on dark blue pearlised card cut with a slightly larger oval scalloped nestie die.

The flowers were originally white and I coloured them with a Promaker to match the background and added Diamond Stickles for a pretty effect.

I always think shutter cards have big impact and yet are relatively simple to make. There's a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers if you'd like to try one for yourself. The closed card fits into a C6 envelope for mailing too which is so cool!

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you've enjoyed seeing my project and look forward to welcome you back again soon - til then Happy Crafting!

hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Wynneth lovely card and gorgeous backing colours do you know I haven't made one of these style cards yet I'm so behind the times lol

Kathyk said...

Loving that Taj Mahal paper - might have to get me some "you know where"!!!! SUPER DUPER card from you, as always and, like Jackid, I've not made one of these cards yet either.

Kathyk

Annie said...

a beautiful card Wynneth. love the aqua tones and complicated folds!
hugs, annie x